Friday, November 6, 2009

It may seem as if I am carefree and strong,
Going through life as if nothing is wrong.
But no one has ever seen the real me,
They only know what I let them believe.
Most often my smiles are real and sincere,
Other times they help to hide my secret fears.
I carefully created a clever mask of illusion,
I wear it now to hide my pain and confusion,
So never is a tear seen falling from my eye,
I have learned to hold it all silently inside.
Quite often I want to just let go and weep,
But the pain is very intense and too deep.

I yearn to belong,
To be able to speak of my dreams out loud.
Wanting to be accepted,
Yet fearing the possibility of being rejected.
The weaknesses and flaws I try so hard to hide,
Are all part of the real me I keep hidden inside.

As I take a look around me, I see the same empty faces of yesterday.
And as I stand there hoping that tomorrow will bring something new and different.
But as tomorrow draws near so come my disappointments.

Wanting to run with the sunset,
I know I will fall behind in the lonely and empty darkness of my fears.
As I try to hold on to today.
Never wanting tomorrow to come.
I tell myself it will be okay.
As the sun sets my heart, beings to break and I want it to end.
But when tomorrow turns into today.
I will wake up knowing I will see the same empty faces.
As I keep my head up high and never stop smiling.
I know none of those faces will ever see the part I fear will hurt them more then it could ever hurt me.
As I stand there behind this mask of false truths.
It only makes me want to take it off.
Just to let them see.
But I will keep it on until tomorrow for today is almost over.
And here comes the sunset and the return of all my fears.
As I stand there I wonder will these empty faces see the real me behind the mask?
As I stand there, I know the answer comes ... ... Tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment